The Proclamation of the Holy Gospel according to St. Luke
 And when he drew near, seeing the city, he wept over it, saying:  If thou also hadst known, and that in this thy day, the things that are to thy peace; but now they are hidden from thy eyes.  For the days shall come upon thee, and thy enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and straiten thee on every side,  And beat thee flat to the ground, and thy children who are in thee: and they shall not leave in thee a stone upon a stone: because thou hast not known the time of thy visitation.  And entering into the temple, he began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought.
The Gospel of the Lord
Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ
"Let everyone who is zealous for the law and who stands by the covenant follow after me!" The First reading for today shows how a faithful servant of God is zealous in obeying God's holy laws and decrees that lead the people to become close to God and His protection. I believe that this reading for today (1 Maccabees 2:15-30) shows why Saint Thomas Aquinas, the great prince of theologians, the great author of Summa Theologiae, the most only brilliant person that ever lived; is in favor of death penalty and a firm proponent of it. For if the government puts to death those who committed serious sin against the law of the state, so also must the Church put to death all those persons who spread error and heresy. For if the Church will not kill out a single or a few weeds or persons who is an agent of the devil in sharing its poison of darkness, sin, error, and heresy to the wheat of the Lord, the Church will lose so many souls which will be contaminated by deadly poison of the weeds if She will not kill out these few people who will spread their wickedness and ignorance of the Truth that will lead so many souls to eternal damnation rather than eternal salvation. I imagined if the Church killed out those members of Her who led few people to eternal damnation without rectifying the errors of these people and these people's selves. What if She killed out those few people who did a great devastation rather than good like Martin Luther. Or the Church killed out those enemies of Hers who are even poisons of error and heresy like the Freemasons of Freemasonry. What a world will be for us! It must be clear to us that if an error or truth made was refuted solidly by the Truth used by the Church, if the makers do not want to renounce these errors and live by it and continuously spreads it without the acceptance of the Truth revealed against them, then they must be put to death.
For the Gospel of St. Luke we have our Lord Jesus who mourns aloud over seeing His Body the Church, for His Church do not know how to acknowledge Jesus Christ as the maker of peace among themselves as members of His Body, and their good relation with the Head Jesus.
They are living in a false peace where they as a Church, imprudently made false peace against the unlawful people with unlawful beliefs that were abominable to God, contrary to what Mattathias and his sons did against strange God and strange teachings. This is what I call false ecumenism. So we as Church must be solid on the orthodoxy or the right teachings of the sacred scriptures that the Church cares and protects and gives solid apologetics to it.
We must be solid and correct in our Sacred Tradition and in Sacred Teaching or Magisterium as a Church; as our Sacred Scripture is used by the Sacred Tradition or the Church and the Sacred Magisterium to check if they are both faithful to God's laws, commands, and teachings - that gave birth to the Sacred Tradition who wrote it in scrolls and is compiled as a book which we now call as the Bible.
The Sacred Tradition or the Church is the keeper of the fullness of the Truth - and where the Truth can only be found. I pray that the Church prudently functions it's power in binding and loosing everything on earth that were in accordance to the Will of the Father and are faithful to His holy words so as to bind or loose them to heaven - according to the Father's Will.
Here are some points to consider:
1. There are no such things like "middle truth" or "middle false". Truth is Truth and False is False and anything more is from the evil one just like your Yes and your No of Matthew 5:33-37.
2. Now as a Church, we must be clear and solid on our teaching or doctrine on Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus - Outside of the Church there is no salvation. Let us not put any ridiculous interpretations of it. If it is so becomes that my bold declaration will give confusion and a cause of division, read and meditate on Luke 12:49-53. Don't make a joke of yourself if you are against my bold proclamation for everyone who fully understands the Narrow Gate (Matthew 7:13-14) will agree with me.
3. We must acknowledge Jesus the maker of peace and not make of our own false peace.
4. We must know what ecumenism really is - and we must work for it. It must lead us to act and make efforts to unify all peoples by sharing, showing, and giving them the Truth and its fullness where in the Church it can only be found. The efforts to unify is the fruit of division because Jesus have come to bring not peace but the sword (Matthew 10:34) but that sword same as the blazing fire on Luke 12:49. The efforts to unify must not effect division which is the negative cause of the coming of Jesus Christ and so it must be the positive effect - the peace that Jesus Christ caused in His coming.
5. Live like a Dominican who lives in poverty, study, and prayer.
6. Contemplate and give to others the fruits of contemplation.
"Jesus, I trust in You." "O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee."
Go and set the world on fire!
To the greater glory of God!
Mary H. Distributist